Thank you for addressing our staff at Oberon Middle School on Monday, August 11th, 2014.
Here are a few points to consider to try to increase engagement for all participants.
- Don't "require" agreement that the morals of our current society are in decline. It makes it harder to fully dedicate attention to your message/program.
- Redo the booklet to include at least one woman. I found it hard to relate to the male cowboys depicted in the booklet.
- Address Matthew Shepard. Intolerance is an issue a lot of people connect to the cowboy culture in Wyoming.
- Why assume your participants don't already have their own well developed code of ethics?
- Keep religion out of it, or include examples from many religions. As a non-Christian, I felt a bit alienated.
You have a good message and with some intentional changes you could reach a wider audience.