Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Standing Tall

Good morning!

I attended the Standing Tall and Cowboy Ethics training that was held in Casper, WY a couple of weeks ago, and I loved it! I was a little unsure about what I would get from it that I could use in my classroom that wasn’t something extra and time consuming, but I know now that I can easily blend some of these things into the way I already run my classroom. It was particularly helpful to spend some time writing our own code and timeline, and that is something I am still working on, so I can share it with people.

One thing I wrote down from that day that I want to incorporate into my own code is, “Dare to reach your hand into the darkness to pull another hand into the light.” This really resonated with me not just as a teacher but as a Christian woman.

Thank you so much for taking the time!

Katie Decker
English Department
Central High School
Cheyenne, WY 82009
(307) 771-2680 ext. 20353
deckerk@laramie1.org


No comments:

Post a Comment